If you’re anything like the team at DietSensor, some days you just want a simple meal without too much effort. And, if you or a loved one has diabetes, we know how difficult it is to find suitable recipes with a reasonable glycemic index. ? ?
This quick, under ten minute breakfast or lunch has all the taste and nutrition you are looking for:
- 2 tablespoons of hummus
- 2 pieces of seeded multi-grain bread, toasted (or bread of choice)
- 1 organic ripe avocado
- Organic tomato slices
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cayenne pepper, optional
- Toast your bread to desired brownness. At DietSensor, we like when it is slightly darker.
- Spread two tablespoons of your favorite hummus evenly over two slices of your bread of choice.
- Top the hummus with three thin slices of avocado and the tomato slices. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, black pepper, and cilantro. Finish it off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Enjoy ?