A feeling of guilt overwhelms you as you bite into a bar of chocolate or as you allow a chocolate truffle to melt in your mouth? But here’s how health can meet pleasure. Read more
You want chocolate? Here is our selection of 3 scrumptiously healthy vegan recipes you won’t forget!
Orange avocado chocolate truffles
- 120 g avocado flesh, a small avocado
- 180 g dark chocolate 70%
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 5 drops of organic sweet orange essential oil
- 20 g candied orange peel cut into small cubes
- Cut the avocado in half, discard the pit and gently remove the flesh with a spoon.
- Mash the avocado until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Add 5 drops of essential oil of organic sweet orange.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath, i.e. in a Pyrex or stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of hot water.
Tips: Chop the chocolate into pieces so that it melts easily and quickly and stir it continuously to avoid it getting burnt.
- Add the avocado puree and candied orange to the chocolate. Usually it should set pretty easily, if that’s not the case, chill the mixture for 10 minutes (don’t forget to wrap the bowl with cling film as we don’t want our chocolate truffles to collect fridge odors).
- Use a spoon to scoop chocolate balls. Roll them between the palms of your hand to create a smooth surface and roll each truffle in cacao powder to coat them and voila!
Source: Rose and Cook
Vegan chocolate milkshake
- 2 frozen bananas
- 220 ml of vegan milk (a mixture of coconut milk and oat milk)
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder (or according to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- small chunks of dark chocolate 70%,
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Blend together the vegan milk, frozen bananas, cacao and vanilla powder.
- You may add some ice cubes if you want it cold.
- Pour the milkshake into a tall glass and add a few pieces of dark chocolate on top. Enjoy!
Source: L’appartement living
Quinoa coconut cacao bar
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 4 heaped tbsp of raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder if you don’t have cacao)
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup puffed quinoa cereal
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Melt together the list A ingredients.
- Stir in list B ingredients.
- Pour uniformly into a lined loaf pan and chill until set.