World Health Organisation states 422 million people are affected by diabetes in a report for World Health Day.
Read the full article at: www.ibtimes.co.uk
An estimated 422 million adults were living with diabetes in 2014, a figure which has risen from 108 million in 1980.
High blood sugar levels are linked to 3.7 million deaths around the world every year, according to WHO.
Diabetes caused 1.5 million deaths in 2012.
An additional 2.2 million deaths were caused by higher-than-optimal blood glucose, due to the increased risks of cardiovascular disease and other complications.
According to Diabetes UK, it is estimated that one in 16 people in the UK have diabetes – either diagnosed or undiagnosed.
There are four million people living with the disease in the UK.
“Whether users plan to use DietSensor to monitor diabetes, lose weight, or improve general fitness, to help alleviate allergy concerns or are simply curious to know what exactly they are putting into their body, we expect the simple and intuitive technology to quickly become part of their daily regimen,” stated DietSensor CEO Remy Bonnasse. “We’re excited to bring this to market and we’re sure that users will be equally enthusiastic, especially once they start using the app.”
How DietSensor Works
The DietSensor app runs on iOS and Android devices and connects to the optional spectrometric scanner and digital scale via Bluetooth. Food is placed on the scale to measure portion weight and then scanned with the spectrometer, the data from which is then analyzed by the cloud based DietSensor database that quickly and accurately obtains and displays the nutritional value of the scanned food – all in a few seconds.
Key Benefits of DietSensor
- The DietSensor app reads your results and instantly tells you what’s in your food or beverage.
- The app keeps you balanced with accurate results from any food, even those with no label.
- Provides access to the one of the world’s largest food databases with more than 600,000 items from over 50 countries in 19 languages.
- Personal nutrition coaching featuring a new progression chart that details information on carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, calories, and alcohol levels.
- Automated fitness coach with personal feedback and recommendations on the quantity and quality of your food to help keep you on track.
The DietSensor app is also compatible with technology from more than 25 companies, including Adidas®, FitBit®, Garmin®, Jawbone®, Microsoft®, Runkeeper®, Sony® and Strava®.
The DietSensor App will be available in October. Be the first to get the game-changing new DietSensor app AND qualify for the Early Bird discount on your DietSensor subscription. Sign up now! https://www.dietsensor.com/early-bird-subscription/