It should be recalled, once again, that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it is not just a statement. Nutrition experts have shown that eating healthily in the morning allows the body to recover from the fast, before it starts operating normally. In fact, during our sleep, our digestive system is at a standstill, but the body continues to burn calories. If you do not eat, your body will simply draw on reserves and function at a slower pace. This can have a detrimental impact on your health. Some people believe that by avoiding breakfast, they would lose weight, but today, we have all grounds to state that this is nothing more and nothing less than an unsubstantiated assumption. Quite the contrary, a healthy breakfast with healthy foods can help you lose weight. Let’s see how.
Start your day on the right foot
When you avoid breakfast, you are likely to be anxious and suffer from a mood disorder. However, if you eat healthily at breakfast, you provide your body with all the resources needed for a good start. If you are among those who believe that avoiding breakfast will help you lose weight, think again! You will rather gain weight because your body will store a maximum of reserves in terms of fat and carbohydrate during the next meals. It is thus advisable to have a protein-rich balanced breakfast.
Some tips for a healthy breakfast
– Avoid fatty and sweet foods in the morning. It is not always necessary to overeat during breakfast, but poor nutrition often results in weight gain.
– Choose your food wisely. Choose foods which are rich in protein such as eggs or turkey. If you are vegetarian, you can choose from alternatives to animal protein.
– Avoid cereals which are often rich in complex sugars. Instead, have Greek yoghurt with honey or jam, to which you can also add dried fruits.
– Do not forget that fruits are rich in fiber and vitamins, essential elements to give your body all the energy it needs for the day.
– Remember to hydrate yourself by drinking water.
If you are convinced of the benefits of a healthy breakfast, you can also use DietSensor. This innovative application helps you to manage macronutrients during breakfast but also during other meals of the day. A nutritional coach analyzes your eating habits and helps you to cultivate healthier ones in order to achieve your goal of losing weight without the yo-yo effect.
Just keep to two rules: go for good-quality foods and eat balanced diets, which have little of everything, in the right proportions.