DietSensor App Instantly Scans, Analyzes, Measures and Logs Food and Drink Anywhere, Anytime; ‘Be the First’ – Limited Time Offer Celebrates DietSensor App Launch with Early Bird Offer on Premium and Ultimate Subscriptions Through August 31 at 5:00 p.m. Pacific
LOS ANGELES, Calif., August 3, 2016 – CES 2016 innovation award winner DietSensor™, a leading developer of smart food and nutrition applications designed to fight diabetes and obesity, today announced details of a limited time offer celebrating the launch of the breakthrough DietSensor system. The DietSensor system comprises the new DietSensor smartphone app, proprietary DietSensor online spectrometric database for food items, a SCiO® pocket-sized scanner and digital scale made specifically for DietSensor by Tefal. For the first time, DietSensor helps users conveniently manage conditions such as diabetes and obesity by scanning, analyzing and logging their food and drink in a few seconds, no matter where they are.
Early Bird Offer Celebrates Launch and Diabetes Awareness
In anticipation of the launch of the DietSensor app for iOS and Android devices on September 6, 2016, the Company is inviting followers to be among the first to experience the DietSensor app by signing up for a significant early bird discount of more than 30 per cent on DietSensor’s Premium or Ultimate subscription plans. The offer kicks off at 9.00 am PST August 3 and runs through 5.00pm PST time August 31.
Founded in 2014 by Remy and Astrid Bonnasse following the diagnosis of their 9-year-old daughter with Type 1 Diabetes, DietSensor received a number of plaudits for its use of the DietSensor SCiO scanner, a small, handheld Bluetooth molecular sensor which uses near infrared spectroscopy to determine the chemical makeup of food and drinks. DietSensor’s breakthrough new food and nutrition app supports more than the estimated 415 million people who suffer from diabetes and more than 1.4 billion people who battle each day with obesity.
“Whether users plan to use DietSensor to monitor diabetes, lose weight, or improve general fitness, to help alleviate allergy concerns or are simply curious to know what exactly they are putting into their body, we expect the simple and intuitive technology to quickly become part of their daily regimen,” stated DietSensor CEO Remy Bonnasse. “We’re excited to bring this to market and we’re sure that users will be equally enthusiastic, especially once they start using the app.”
How DietSensor Works
The DietSensor app runs on iOS and Android devices and connects to the optional spectrometric scanner and digital scale via Bluetooth. Food is placed on the scale to measure portion weight and then scanned with the spectrometer, the data from which is then analyzed by the cloud based DietSensor database that quickly and accurately obtains and displays the nutritional value of the scanned food – all in a few seconds.
Key Benefits of DietSensor
- The DietSensor app reads your results and instantly tells you what’s in your food or beverage.
- The app keeps you balanced with accurate results from any food, even those with no label.
- Provides access to the one of the world’s largest food databases with more than 600,000 items from over 50 countries in 19 languages.
- Personal nutrition coaching featuring a new progression chart that details information on carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, calories, and alcohol levels.
- Automated fitness coach with personal feedback and recommendations on the quantity and quality of your food to help keep you on track.
The DietSensor app is also compatible with technology from more than 25 companies, including Adidas®, FitBit®, Garmin®, Jawbone®, Microsoft®, Runkeeper®, Sony® and Strava®.
Availability and Pricing Plans
The DietSensor system will begin shipping in September to the USA, France, Canada, Great Britain and 15 other countries. It will be available through three plans, designed to suit individual needs and budgets:
- DietSensor Basic – Available free of charge. This allows users to discover the DietSensor app and take advantage of the nutritional database and integrated real-time feedback features to balance diet and track goals.
- DietSensor Premium – Subscribe for the Early Bird of $5.99 per month with a 12-month subscription. Gain full access to the personal automated coaching feature, meal simulator, fitness connectivity and additional DietSensor functionality.
- DietSensor Ultimate – One off fee of $249.00 (for the SCiO molecular sensor). Subscribe for the early bird subscription for $94.99 per year. Access ultimate level features, including DietSensor’s unique ‘Scan & Eat’ feature for accurate, live food and drink analysis and nutritional data.
About the Company
Headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in offices in Los Angeles, California, and New York, New York, DietSensor is an award-winning technology innovator of food and nutritional applications. DietSensor’s core goal is to stem the growth of diabetes and obesity by providing people and businesses with access to real-time, real world applications that can better manage their condition. For further information, please email email@example.com. Scan your food, manage your health.
NOTE: DietSensor™ is a trademark or registered trademark of DietSensor, Inc. in the United States and in 39 other countries. The SCiO® platform is a registered trademark of Consumer Physics. Other product and or service names mentioned herein may be trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.
 SOURCE: International Diabetes Federation – https://www.idf.org/about-diabetes/facts-figures